Are you a good witch or a bad witch? A nice fairy or a naughty fairy? This years Red Dress Party San Diego (RDPSD) will be themed “Once Upon a Time!” Embark on a storybook adventure where you’re invited to let loose, celebrate impact, and live happily ever after (for one night only). Fall into this wonderland of “pants less” prince charming’s, damsels in their dress’s, mighty heroes in all red, and maybe an evil queen or two. If you’re not feeling the fantasy, that’s fine too: any red dress or dress-like garment (just no pants!) will do. It’s simply there to help you channel your creativity.
RDPSD 2022 will return to the Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier. Guests will enter through the bay-side double doors directly into the Pavilion, a 15,000 square foot, open-air mega-space that’s all on one level, with room for over 1,000 attendees. This Pavilion features 40-foot-tall ceilings and massive windows that give views to the San Diego Bay. On the back end of the Pavilion are oversized roll-up doors that open to the View Court – a large outdoor space right on the water.
Guests can expect all their favorites such as live entertainment, a DJ, photo booths, on-site HIV testing, and a night of celebration and impact.
RDPSD is a night of music and dancing mixed with charity and fun, where all attendees – and we mean everyone – is required to wear a red dress, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation. This serves both as a powerful sign of solidarity and compassion for those affected by HIV/AIDS and a way to unite the crowd in one radiant theme. At this unique celebration we invite everyone to be brave, let loose, and celebrate impact.
RDPSD is a celebration that raises awareness and funds for organizations that serve the local HIV/AIDS community; but not your typical fundraising gala, this event is so much more.
This year they aim to raise $60,000. Achieving this goal would be their largest single-year fundraising contribution to date. Over our past 7 years they’ve raised nearly $250,000 for the San Diego HIV/AIDS community! Here are ways you can help get them to reach their goal and stretch goal:
- Attend this year’s Red Dress Party San Diego (and better yet bring a friend!)
- Come to any of the pre-events (like the RDPSD Launch Party or Red Dress Swap)
- Spread the word about #rdpsd2022 on social media to drum up awareness
- Donate to our organization online or at any of our events (all donations are tax deductible)
Some frequently asked questions:
- Do I seriously have to wear a dress? Yes, seriously. Everyone – that means everyone – must wear a red dress (or dress-like garment) to the event. You will not be allowed to enter the event if you aren’t in a red dress.
- Is there an age restriction to attend the event? Yes, you must be 21 years of age or older with valid ID.
- Is my ticket refundable? No, all ticket sales are final; however, tickets may be transferred to another person prior to the event.
- Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event? If you want, but a digital ticket is perfect, and we’ll email tickets out again 24-hours prior to the event. We will also have a guest list and electronic check-in at registration. Just bring a valid photo ID.
So go see your Fairy Drag Mother or sprinkle some pixie dust on yourself and transform into your favorite fairy tale character. You never know, you might turn a frog into a prince that night or even bite into a delicious poison apple. An amazing time at an amazing event is guaranteed no matter what your red dress themed ensemble is. We’ll see you Saturday,October 1!